Storing and Cleaning Contact Lenses
To ensure your contact lenses are fresh and comfortable throughout the day, they need to be regularly cleaned, disinfected and reconditioned overnight.
Remember the following instructions1 when cleaning contact lenses and storing them, in order to provide the best possible lens care.
- Always wash and dry your hands before handling contact lenses.
- Carefully and regularly clean contact lenses, as directed by your optician. Rub the contact lenses with your fingers and rinse thoroughly before soaking lenses overnight in sufficient multi-purpose solution to completely cover the lens.
- Only fresh solution should be used when storing and cleaning contact lenses. Never reuse old solution. Contact lens solution must be changed according to the manufacturer's recommendations, even if the lenses are not used daily.
- Don't assume that just any solution will do. Use only products recommended by your optician to clean and disinfect your lenses. Saline solution and rewetting drops are not designed to disinfect lenses.
- Clean your lens case daily. Pour out the used solution in the case, and rinse it with fresh solution. Don't use tap water to rinse your case out, as this could expose your eyes to infection. Keep the case open and dry between cleanings.
- Store lenses in the proper lens storage case and replace the case at a minimum of every three months.
- Sometimes particles, like make-up, may get stuck to your lenses. When this happens, wet your fingers with contact lens solution and try gently rubbing the material off your lenses. Clean and rinse normally.
- If you don't wear your lenses every day, or you store them for a few days, you'll still need to clean and disinfect them before you wear them again. Follow the directions on your contact lens care solution.
- Always follow the recommended contact lens replacement schedule prescribed by your optician.
- See your optician regularly for scheduled contact lens and eye examinations.
By visiting your optician regularly and caring for your contacts properly, you can look forward to happy and healthy lens wear.
Contact solution that cleans, disinfects and provides 16 hours of moist lenses.